Monday, January 27, 2014

Only a Little

Posted by: Blue

Last night I spotted headlights coming my direction Eastbound in the Westbound lanes.

The car quickly darted the wrong way down the street for half a block and then slid over into the correct lanes when he came to the next break in the median.

I pulled him over at the intersection.  I got out and asked him for his licence, explaining that I was pulling him over for driving the wrong way down the street.

"Well, yeah, but it was only about 50 feet."

"You only drove 50 feet the wrong way down the street?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"OK. Sit tight for a few."

I typed him in.  He had one or two tags from quite some time ago.  I went back to the window.

"Robert, would you drive 50 feet the wrong way down this major street in the wrong direction in rush hour traffic?"

"Well, no..."

"OK.  Do you realize how silly it sounds to tell me that it was only 50 feet?"

"I guess so... I just couldn't turn left there..."

"If I had to explain this whole conversation to a judge in traffic court, what do you think he would say?"

"He'd say 'guilty' ".

"Yes he would.  Drive more carefully please.  Have a good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect that this blog is intended to be anonymous. Thx.