Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Safe and Sound

The light began to peek through the curtains by the time Blue crawled into bed. I hadn't noticed that he had worked through the whole night. I must have been really tired.

I rolled over and turned to see him.

"Everything okay?" I croaked.

"Ya, just waiting at the hospital with someone" he mumbled back.

"Love you." He slid his hand in mine.

"Love you too."

We were both asleep within seconds.

I don't really care what time he gets home from this job, as long as he gets home safe and sound.

3 comments:

  1. I love the set-up of your blog...and this is a great post. I'm a game warden and my husband is my cover. You said it simply enough-I hope to make it home to him and my two little ones every night. Thanks for writing about this. I'll add this site as a link on my blog.

    Fish-Cop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Mrs. Fuzz. Any night is a good night when you feel the bed shift with the weight of your cop as he rolls into bed.

    ReplyDelete

Please respect that this blog is intended to be anonymous. Thx.