Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Wife

I had just crawled into bed when I got the text. Normally I go to bed before 10 but tonight I found myself wide awake at 11:30.

You awake?

Yup.

Gonna swing by in a few.

Why?

Just for a kiss.

I bolted out of bed and threw on a sweater while scrambling down the stairs. I had yet to see Blue in his car all geared-up. I stood by the window and waited. He was just a few streets over looking for a guy wanted for a domestic.

Ten minutes went by. My heart beat a little faster with each set of headlights that shone down the road. I looked around at the other houses hoping that no one was watching.

The cruiser pulled-up in front of the house. Blue was driving. His partners face illuminated by the computer screen.

He walked up to the house and I couldn't help but have a huge grin on my face. He looked so...serious and professional in his uniform. His new earpiece gave him a bit of an 'FBI' bad ass look. Blue is 6'5" and his boots probably add another inch to his height so when he's completely outfitted he looks like the type of cop that you just don't want to mess with.

He came inside and I got all sheepish. I didn't know if I should hug him or stand back. I was embarrassed with how much I was smiling. He's happy and comfortable and succeeding and it all shows.

We had a quick kiss and then he was off again.

 I watched him get into his car and pull away. It was so strange to see him in his new normal...in his element. He's used to his uniform and his vest and his gun. He's used to his cruiser and his radio and his touch screen computer. He's used to the stops and stares. I'm only used to hearing stories and washing his uniform and being flexible with his shifts so it was strange for me to get an itty bitty glimpse of him as a police officer.

I loved it. I quite literally went to bed with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect that this blog is intended to be anonymous. Thx.