Thursday, November 29, 2012

HWT

Posted by: Blue

Last night I ran downstairs to grab something just before dinner.  I stepped in a puddle at the bottom of the stairs.

Our hot water tank blew out.

In preparation for the new tank, I went about tidying our messy laundry/utility room.

I hate letting people into my laundry room.  It is dark, dank, dismal, dreary, destitute, drippy and dungeon-esque.

Here is a list of other things that make me uncomfortable:

  • Dentist check-ups
  • Vehicle maintenance and repairs
  • Tax season
  • Meeting with bankers
  • Crossing the border
  • Security checks at the airport
They all make me feel scrutinized unnecessarily; like someone is judging me based on my flossing technique or how often I change the oil in my truck.

I imagine that these things make me feel very similar as a good person does while talking to the police. Traffic stops used to be on the list before I became a cop and saw them from the other side.  My brother has voiced many times that cops give him the heebie-jeebies.  I can totally understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect that this blog is intended to be anonymous. Thx.