This year, our Spring Transfer season incorporated our district amalgamating with the one to the South of us.
We now use approximately 25% of the police officers in the city to cover a land mass that is almost 50% of the city's sprawl.
In addition, we have lost our beloved Patrol Sergeant and Desk Sergeant to the shift that rotates before us, along with 4 of the Constables (1/2 the shift).
With JT gone on holidays to Hong Kong for two blocks, 5 new faces, 2 new Sergeants and two stations to work between, I think I might be feeling out of place until June or so.
A few saving graces:
- Our new Sergeants seem to be great guys
- We received one more constable than we lost, bringing our compliment up to minimum... at least for now...
- My holiday time bank is about to refill in 7 days
- Many of the newbies on the shift are coming out of speciality units with plenty of experience in various areas to share with the rest of us General Patrol humps
- The new district covers a number of my favourite eateries in the city, including my all time #1 breakfast spot - a falafel joint owned by a dude from Iran which has the best hash-browns ever
- JT and I are officially still partnered and ready to rock the city all year again before he is a mandatory transfer next year - AND... I believe we will be maintaining our epic 203 callsign