Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day Shift: Tour # 5

Posted by: Blue

My partner was back today.  I started by jumping.  By noon there was no sight of lunch, so I quickly stopped at a coffee shop to meet my wife, brother and kids for a java.

The two female Filipino servers argued over which one would serve me at their register.  I had walked up to the one closest to me at the counter when I heard the further one yell over "Hey, send him here!  You always get the officers!" 

The first girl laughed and sent me over.  I smiled at the second one.  It was nice to be somewhere that people wanted to see you.

Half an hour later, I was in a heated argument with a cab driver, trying to explain in an escalating volume and tone that he did in fact have the responsibility to meet with police as requested when people had been complaining about his dangerous driving, all the while competing with his interjections and disregard for what I had been calmly trying to tell him in the first place.

By the end of the cab driver story, I had met a very pleasant elderly couple, called the cab company to submit a complaint for them, and had a dripping wet, Police cell phone with a broken screen returned to the police station by the above mentioned cabbie (long story).

Best part of my day was seeing my family for 5 minutes.  Everything else today just seemed to be stupid and frustrating.  I came home today very happy though.  The 5 minutes trumped the other 9 hours and 55 minutes.

Now it's time for days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect that this blog is intended to be anonymous. Thx.