Posted by: Blue
Today was a good day.
I checked my online pay stub. There's an extra $300.00 worth of overtime coming my way this pay period.
Our uniform supplies such as pants, shirts, and shoes operate on a points system. While in recruit class, there were points sitting on my account that I couldn't redeem until graduation. Now that I've been out for a few weeks, I decided to go shopping. There are currently twice as many points on my Stores Account as there were during academy. I took a chunk out of them today and picked-up:
- Four monogrammed mock-neck t-shirts for wearing under the duty shirt. These mean not wearing ties, even with our jackets on.
- A new pair of slash gloves for back-up.
- A plainclothes holster (more easily concealed while working in "civvies").
- A plainclothes badge (worn beside the gun while in plainclothes so that people in the grocery store don't hit the dirt when you're buying milk).
- A duty sweater for cold mornings.
The sweater is my favourite apprehension. It looks kinda like this:
But without the ribbing, and with shoulder flashes.
I also checked my time bank, and found that I had an extra 10 hours credited to my overtime bank somehow during my transfers in and out of academy. I'm assured it's not a mistake. Pretty sweet to have an extra day off.
To top-off my day, I got home to my wife cooking chili. One of my favourites. I had 3 helpings.