Saturday, September 1, 2012

Anthony

Posted by: Blue

The other day, while on a bathroom break at Mickey D's, a young, drunk Native male walked up to me and offered his hand, introducing himself as "Tony".

I shook his hand.  He said "Mind if I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"I wanna work with kids but I have a history... a violent history to be honest..."

"OK."

"What should I do?"

It was 3 a.m. and he was downtown, alone in a rough neighbourhood.

"Go home and go to bed.  No one ever gets in trouble while they're sleeping.  Stay out of trouble for a few years and then apply for a pardon."

"OK."

I ran him when I got back to the car.  He had been convicted of Manslaughter at 18 years old for stabbing a youth to death in a fight.  Under our sickeningly lax laws, he was released on parole after 3 years.

I hope he never gets pardoned.  No one needs him "working" with their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect that this blog is intended to be anonymous. Thx.